Who Accepts Bitcoin?
Bitcoin and other types of cryptocurrency are becoming more widely accepted as a payment option for online purchases. Many of the larger online retailers are now offering their customers the option of paying for goods or services using bitcoin.
While most retailers still only accept traditional fiat currencies, many retailers are now more willing to accept cryptocurrencies despite their relatively high price volatility.
The following retailers are among the growing list of retailers who will allow customers and clients to pay using bitcoins:
- Overstock.com – Overstock.com is a large retailer that sells high priced goods at discounted prices. This can be done because of their huge inventories which allow them to benefit from economies of scale. The company mainly sells furniture items as well as electronics and popular gadgets such as computers. Overstock has been accepting bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies since 2014.
- Namecheap – Namecheap offers domain names at very affordable prices. Anyone looking to start a website and to purchase a domain name at possibly the cheapest price available may consider making a purchase from this online retailer. Bitcoin is offered as a payment option upon checkout from this website.
- Shopify – Shopify is a popular e-commerce platform that allows persons to set up their own website from which they may sell goods or services. The platform allows Shopify customers to offer bitcoin payment as an option to their own customers. Since 2013 this option has become available to all Shopify merchants across the internet; totaling over 75,000 such online retailers.
- Expedia – For anyone who loves to travel, Expedia is an online travel booking company that handles everything from hotel bookings, to flights and more. Since June 2014, Expedia has made it possible for customers to pay for their hotel bookings using bitcoins.
- Dish Network – This is a popular satellite television and internet service provider. The company allows for the making of one-time payments on the platform using bitcoins.
- Newegg – Newegg is a large and popular electronic retailer that allows customers to pay with bitcoins. However, you should be aware that not all items may be bought using bitcoins. Excluded items include things such as subscription orders, premier memberships, Newegg gift cards and a few more.
- Microsoft – If you have a Microsoft account, you may deposit funds into it using bitcoins. In addition, you may use bitcoins to purchase Microsoft apps, movies and games in the Windows and Xbox stores. Note, however, that bitcoins cannot be used to make purchases from the Microsoft online stores.
- CheapAir – This is a travel company that accepts bitcoins as payment for both local and international flights.
- eGifter – You may use eGifter to purchase gift cards online from popular retailers such as Amazon, Home Depot, Kohl’s, JCPenney and Sephora. You may use bitcoins to pay for your gift card purchases.
- Wikipedia – This is the popular free online encyclopedia. For donations to Wikipedia, you can use bitcoins to complete your payment.